We are hiring!!
3 roles up for grabs!! Housekeeping, Front of House and Kitchen Porter
FRONT OF HOUSE
We are looking for front of house staff to work as part of our exciting team here at the Widemouth Manor.
The position of front of house staff would mean working both the restaurant and bar. We are looking for vibrant and enthusiastic people to join our existing lovely team. The right candidate will need to be able to work in busy situations with a continuous smile on their face as well as liaising and working with other members of the team efficiently.
We would look for you to serve drinks at the bar as well as preparing tables, greeting customers, taking orders, advise on menu choices, serve meals, up sell and deal with payments. Taking bookings for the hotel is also another role we would look for you to do. During the day we have a lot of telephone calls with questions so you would need to learn the whole business and what we can offer so you can promote the Widemouth Manor to the customers and answer their questions confidently.
Various positions are available one being shifts Monday – Sunday with the flexibility of daytime/evenings and weekend, which would be 11am – 5/6pm or 1pm – 8pm or 10am – 6pm. Evening shifts tend to be 4/5pm – finish
The other position is mainly evenings and weekends so perfect for someone who has commitments during the daytime Evening shifts star from 5/6 – finish . Pay is dependent on experience.
Travel is essential so make sure you can meet the expectations before applying.
Experience not essential as onsite training will be given. Customer service is a must.
If this sounds like a job for you to earn that extra money or to progress in an exciting up and coming business then click apply and send us your CV.
To maintain a clean, sanitary, comfortable and tidy environment for customers visiting the Widemouth Manor.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- vacuum clean carpets, and mop floors
- dust and polish furniture and fittings
- clean metal fixtures and fittings
- empty and clean trash containers
- dispose of trash in a sanitary manner
- wipe down glass surfaces
- make up beds and change linens as required
- tidy up rooms
- sort, wash, load and unload laundry
- sort, fold and put away clean laundry
- maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
- monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
Hours are 8am – 2pm set days available on request. Not just seasonal. Staff benefits
Kitchen Porter/Pot Washer
Looking for some commercial kitchen experience and to earn that extra money then this is the job for you.
Grab your rubber gloves, because the main duties of a kitchen porter are to ensure the kitchen is spic and span. If there are no clean pans nothing is going to get cooked. The Kitchen Porter is vital role to play in the kitchen.
Here’s a look at the main duties involved:
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collect and wash up pots and pans.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitized
In addition to keeping the kitchen sparkling clean, kitchen porters can be involved in food preparation. Once trained by our chefs we may give you the opportunity to get involved in the preparing salads or some desserts.
Expect to work shifts, weekends and public holidays but also use this as a positive to work around your home life and social life.
- It is an easy job to pick up and there are many opportunities. So if you need a job quickly, it is perfect.
- The flexible hours make it good for people who need temporary work or an extra job.
- It’s a good way to learn how a commercial kitchen works.
- All tips are shared equally between staff so the more you work the more you earn.
We have vast flexibility in this role which is great so if you just want one evening a week or full time hours in the summer this job can adapt to that.
If your at school/college the hours are flexible so work well to earn that extra money.
During the school holidays we are busy which is when you will gain more hours if you wish.
If this sounds like a job for you then click apply and send us your CV.